- Home Page
- Other Sports
- Balls of Fame
- Tip Us Off
Some Thoughts On Finishing The Frank Duffy 10-Miler This Morning
1. Somebody’s got to invent a better toilet system for the ladies. My bladder always goes a bit wonky before a race and I was thanking my XY chromosomes this morning I didn’t have to spend my precious pre-race visualization/Springsteen listening minutes queueing for a Port-a-Loo. While loads of ladies waited, the fellas did their business behind the trees with no hsame. I even saw one guy doing what the Spanairds call a numero dos beside a tree, in full public view. This isn’t criticism of the race organisers, just a commentary on the sorry state of mobile lavatories. It’s 2012 – we should certainly have a better system for women who need to be done with the toilet in 2 minutes tops..
2. Drogheda & District has the best jersey of any running club in Ireland.
3. Blayney Rockets is a brilliant name for an athletics club.
4. Is there anything more satisfying than getting past out by a guy who looks like Jesus? . Slowness becomes instantly justified.
5. The Galloway method works.
6. The Air Corps – a strange addition to any race. Incredible to see people running in formation for 10 miles.