- Home Page
- Other Sports
- Balls of Fame
- Tip Us Off
Prepare Yourself For Andy Murray Day With This Quick Guide
So everyone is going to be talking about Andy Murray today, here are a few pointers on the wiley Scot to help you keep your cool.
1. First off in the following picture, Andy Murray is on the left.
2. Andy Murray had been in 4 grand slams before winning in the early hours of this morning, he lost each of them.
3. The BIG NUMBER – 76 – Andy is the first British winner of a grand slam since Fred Perry, exactly 76 years to the day.
4. Boris Becker had to leave the SkySports coverage early as he is competing in a Poker tournament in Europe.
5. Fred Perry, Fred Perry, Fred Perry, 76,76,76.
6. The Final was the longest USOpen final ever, so long that one of the Ball Boys reached retirement age halfway through the 4th set.
7. Andy Murray’s first question after winning was “Where is my watch?” – perhaps sponsorship playing on his mind.
8. Murray’s coach Ivan Lendl went 0 for 4 in his first grand slam finals and went on to win 8.
9. Henman Hill has been demolished.
10. Sean Connery approves